Hasti lean-to shelter
Sleep under the stars at a private lean-to shelter near Mikkeli
This is an easy way to experience a night in the forest, safely near the highway.
The lean-to shelter sleeps 1-4 persons. This experience is suitable for all ages and no prior experience is required. The price includes bedding, sleeping bags, towels and water bottles. The shelter is reserved for your private use.
The shelter has firewood and we will help with setting the fire if needed. There is a traditional coffee pot and griddle pan for the campfire.
Hasti lean-to shelter got its name from Hasti, a reed soldier, whose farm was located near the shelter from 1788 to 1804 during the Great Power of Sweden.
Before, straw mattresses were used in farmhouses. The mattress cover is a bag sewn from fabric filled with rye straw.
Jump in your sleeping bag for the sweetest dreams! Mosquito nets keep little friends away and storm lanterns create atmosphere.
Enjoy a local food breakfast at the Tuukkala farm
In the morning, your breakfast will be served in the farm kitchen 1 km away from the shelter. You will get to hear stories of farm life from days gone by whilst enjoying breakfast made from ingredients sustainably grown on the farm. Breakfast is around 8:30, we will agree a more precise time with you when you arrive. Our company has the worldwide Green Key certificate of the tourism industry, which tells about our sustainable operations.
- The host welcomes you to the more than 300-year-old family farm
- History of Hasti lean-to shelter
- Guidance to Hasti lean-to shelter
- Overnight stay on a private porch on a straw mattress
- Breakfast made from the farm’s products while chatting with the host
- You get to know the farm’s hen lady and cats
- Pets are allowed.
- During a possible forest fire warning, making fire is not allowed. Please take this into account when planning your evening meal. (If you want to use the kitchen, it is available one kilometer away at the Tuukkala farm.)
- Please bring your own evening snacks. Possibility to eat in Ristiina’s restaurants 3 km from the shelter.
- The shelter has an outdoor toilet.
- The kitchen and laundry facilities of the Tuukkala farm are at your disposal, 1 km away.
- Please note that you will be spending the night outside, so adequate clothing for the warm weather is necessary.
- It is easily accessible by car, bicycle and public transport. Shelter is 25 km from Mikkeli. From bus stop to Tuukkala farm is 1 km and to the shelter is 2 km. The car park place is near the shelter. From the parking place there is an uphill climb to the shelter.
PRICES 1.6. – 31.8.
Includes a presentation of the shelter and the surroundings, accommodation on the shelter, straw mattress, sleeping bag, sleeping bag sheet, pillow, pillowcase, towel, water bottle, use of campfire, breakfast and shower facility at Tuukkala farm.
- 1 person 70 € / night
- extra person 32 € / night
- sauna on request without payment
- electricity bicycles for rent
PRICES 1.9. – 31.05
Includes a presentation of the shelter and the surroundings, accommodation on the shelter, straw mattress, sleeping bag, sleeping bag sheet, pillow, pillowcase, towel, water bottle, use of campfire and shower facility at Tuukkala farm.
- 1 person 60 € / night
- extra person 20 € / night
- breakfast at Tuukkala farm 17 € / person on request
- sauna on request without payment 1.9. – 31.10. and 1.5. – 31.5.
- electricity bicycles for rent
ARRIVAL AT 4 TO 8 PM
Other times, contact us. Evening and night supplement 15 €.