Tuukkala farm’s services for cyclists
You are welcome to pedal your own bike, rent an Electric Bicycle from us or stay with us.
WITH WELCOME CYCLIST, WE HELP CYCLISTS TO FIND SUITABLE SERVICES.
We offer bike and equipment storage and maintenance
- safe parking and storage place for bicycles
- basic bike maintenance supplies and a space where light maintenance can be done
- place to wash or clean the bike
- the electric bike battery can be left to charge in a safe place
- cycling clothes and equipment can be cleaned, washed and dried
We offer local and organic food, geofood
- we offer breakfast made from the farm’s own products while the host tells stories about the surrounding area and places to visit
- an early breakfast is possible
- dinner package possible
- evening meals on your own in the kitchen and in the yard grill
- Ristiina’s restaurant services 2.5 km away
- possibility to fill drinking bottles
We tell you about local cycling routes and services
- free wifi
- we have electric bikes and regular bikes for rent
- Tuukkala farm’s accommodation bike packages
- bike trip to the landscapes of the Saimaa Geopark for 7 nights
- The Saaristoreitti of Puumala is 50 km from Suurlahdentie
- The Milky Way of Karkaus
- Luonteri jogging and cycling
- Coastal route on Mäntyharju 10 km + round trip from us 2 x 25 km
- Miekankoski’s run on Mäntyharju 30 km + round trip from us 2 x 25 km
- Varpanen tour on Mäntyharju 24 km + round trip from us 2 x 25 km
Rent a Specialized Turbo electric bicycle.
The price also includes a helmet, bike lock, attention vest, bike basket.
All day, 70 € and the following 60 €
Pickup at 8 am and return at 8 pm to the Tuukkala farm.
Rent for 4 hours, 50 €
Pickup at 8 and return at 12 or
Pickup at 12 and return at 16 or
Pickup at 16 and return at 20
It’s good to have the 112 application on all of our mobile phones, because it helps you find help using coordinates and you don’t necessarily need to know your exact location yourself.
Specialized Turbo E-bike
Various frame models.
- E5 aluminum frame
- Shimano BR-MT200 hydraulic disc brakes
- Shimano Deore 1×10 parts set
- trigger Sport 700x47mm tires
- SR Suntour NCX E25 50mm flexible bow
- Specialized 1.2 Custom Rx street-tuned 250W motor
- U1-500, 500Wh battery
- Front-rear light, cargo rack, fenders
Accommodation-bike package, 2 nights, farm accommodation
On electric bikes to the Astuvansalmi rock paintings
Accommodation-bike package: 2 nights in farmhouse accommodation, breakfasts, sauna, electric bicycle (1 day) for a selfguided tour to the rock paintings of Astuvansalmi 5-6 hours, incl. cycling 25 km/way, hiking 1 hour/way.
Cycle and hike through the history of Astuvansalmi
At the beginning of the trip, you can stop for a while at the ruins of Brahelinna, an ancient castle mansion. Along the way, you’ll find the Pien-Toijola Farm Museum, where you can get a sense of the peasant idyll of yesteryear in the courtyard. On a gentle path you approach the rock paintings of Astuvansalmi. You follow the forest path and see the prehistoric rock paintings. The paintings depict boats, deer and hunters in ancient times. On the way back, you can take a dip in the waves of Lake Saimaa at Uikkala beach in Ristiina. Finally, the warm waters of the Tuukkala farm’s outdoor sauna will seal the experience.
Experience the ease of electric cycling in the Saimaa landscape
Explore the geological sites of Saimaa Geopark easily by e-bike.
Basic fitness is enough, but there are differences in altitude.
Please bring your own weatherproof clothing and a water bottle, shoes suitable for hiking.
Meals for an additional fee:
At Astuvansalmi, packed lunch from Tuukkala farm or self-catering.
Evening meals at Tuukkala farm kitchen, barbecues and shelter (1 km) or restaurants and shops in
Ristiina (2,5 km).
Price from 159 €/person
- bed and breakfast for 2 nights in a room or granary
- electric bicycle (1 day)
- helmet, attention vest, bike lock, map, tour info
- telephone support during the bike tour from the host
- sauna shift